- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Legendary Pictures has commissioned Jayson Rothwell to write “The Mountain,” a thriller to be produced by Roy Lee and Doug Davison of Vertigo Entertainment and Brian Witten.
The story follows a small-town sheriff, newly arrived from the inner city, who assembles a search party to investigate the disappearance of hikers in the Cascade Mountains. The sheriff and the locals discover that the beautiful, remote wilderness can be just as menacing as any urban environment.
“Mountain” was born as a concept in-house at Legendary, which then brought in Rothwell to execute it.
Sonny Mallhi is overseeing for Vertigo.
Rothwell, repped by Paradigm and Zero Gravity Management, is writing “Glass Books of the Dreameaters” for Warner Bros. and Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil. His script, “Malice in Wonderland,” is filming in the U.K.
Vertigo has horror movie “Quarantine” set for release in the fall. Witten is a former exec at New Line and Paramount.
Legendary, which co-financed and co-produced “The Dark Knight,” has several other in-house productions in the works, including “Paradise Lost,” “Warcraft” and “Kung Fu.” Among its Warners projects are “Watchmen,” “Ninja Assassin” and “Clash of the Titans.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day