- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
JD Black has joined Entertainment Studios as senior vp global digital marketing.
His appointment was announced Thursday by Entertainment Studios chairman-CEO Byron Allen, who said this represents an expansion of digital marketing efforts.
“[Black’s] experience, management depth and extensive relationships with the digital marketing community are all major assets as we expand our digital presence to create additional opportunities for the growth of our company,” Allen said in a statement.
Black previously spent 15 years at Sony Pictures Entertainment working on digital campaigns and strategy for movies, TV and home entertainment including campaigns for Spider-Man, James Bond, Men in Black, The Social Network, District 9 and Seinfeld.
At Entertainment Studios, Black will supervise digital marketing, creative strategy and social media. He will be responsible for digital networks including SmartTV.com, a subscription digital service. He will oversee promotions, research, analytics, email marketing and customer relations management.
Entertainment Studios currently syndicates more than 37 first-run shows. Its HD cable networks also include Pets.TV, Recipe.TV, Comedy.TV, MyDestination.TV, Cars.TV and Justice Central.TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day