- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeff Foxworthy will be an ox.
The comedian will voice the role of Babe the Blue Ox in “Bunyan & Babe,” the animated feature from MGM and Exodus Film Group.
The pic puts a modern twist on the classic folk tale of Paul Bunyan and his sidekick Babe, with the pair embarking on a mission to save a town from a rapacious real estate developer. John Goodman is set to voice Bunyan, and Kelsey Grammer is the developer.
Tony Bancroft and Jim Rygiel are directing the pic, with Exodus execs John Eraklis and Max Howard producing. MGM acquired the project this year and will look to release it in 2011.
The CAA- and Parallel Entertainment-repped Foxworthy, known for his populist brand of stand-up comedy, has had voice roles in 2006’s “The Fox and the Hound 2” and other pics. He hosts the Fox quiz show “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?”
Exodus has established a niche in producing animated entertainment outside the studio system, with its 2008 animated family comedy “Igor” performing solidly when it was released by MGM and the Weinstein Co.
“Bunyan” will mark one of MGM’s first animated pics since the studio was reconstituted as an indie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day