- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Swedish TV executive Jens Eriksson has moved from his position as COO of Zodiak Media Group Nordic to Sweden’s MTG Studios, where he will be the company’s new president and COO. Eriksson takes over at MTG Jan. 8.
MTG Studios is TV production subisidary of Swedish broadcasting conglomorate MTG. It’s assets include Strix, which produces a slew of reality and entertainment formats, including The Farm and The Bar; East European production operation Paprika and multimedia group Redaktorerna.
Eriksson’s appointment follows a change at the top of MTG. Jorgen Madsen took over as CEO of the Swedish broadcasting conglomorate , replacing Hans-Holger Albrecht, in September.
MTG is one of Europe’s largest media groups, with more than 60 branded channels across 36 countries. MTG is strongest in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and in Russia, where it is the largest single shareholder in CTC Media, with a 38 percent stake in the Moscow-based media group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day