- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — Ex-DreamWorks animator Jakob H. Jensen has been appointed animation director of Imagi Animation Studios’ in-production “Astroboy,” Imagi co-CEO and chief creative officer Francis Kao said Thursday.
Jensen’s experience includes work on “The Prince of Egypt,” “The Road to El Dorado,” “Madagascar” and “Shark Tale.” He was senior supervising animator on the title character in “Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas” as well as supervising animator on “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron” and “Flushed Away,” and character designer on “Over the Hedge”
“In addition to overseeing animation on ‘AstroBoy,’ he will also be playing a key role in furthering the training of the young animators at our studio in Hong Kong,” Kao said.
The move follows the recent appointment of industry veteran Frank Gladstone to provide training for Imagi’s 400-plus artists and animators (HR 27/8).
“AstroBoy” is slated for a 2009 release and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. and the Weinstein Co. along with Imagi’s “Gatchaman” (HR 9/28).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day