- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID — Spanish animation specialists BRB Internacional announced Tuesday that it has sold its popular “Iron Kid” to Jetix Latin America.
Jetix previously picked up the children’s series for its channels in France and Spain, where it also is seen on free-to-air pubcaster TVE.
Set in a futuristic world of robots, dominated by a century-long power struggle between good and evil, “Iron Kid” is heavily influenced by Japanese style comics, or manga.
BRB Internacional has a merchandising and licensing program built around the series, whose co-production partners are Screen 21, Manga Entertainment, Daiwon, DesignStorm and TVE.
Famosa, one of Europe’s leading toy companies, has announced its intention to distribute several toys based on “Iron Kid” in Spain and Portugal.
LNK has acquired the video rights to “Iron Kid” in Portugal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day