- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NEW YORK — Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman have broken up, their publicists said Monday.
“Jimmy and Sarah have no further comment,” Kimmel’s spokesman Lewis Kay told the Associated Press, confirming the split that was first reported on Vanity Fair magazine’s Web site.
Silverman’s publicist, Amy Zvi, confirmed the breakup in an e-mail message to the AP. Zvi didn’t immediately respond when asked for further details.
The pair dated for five years, and were one of Hollywood’s funniest — and seemingly solid — couples.
Earlier this year, they took the Internet by storm with a mega-popular video duel. Silverman debuted a clip of her and Matt Damon singing about their fake love affair on Kimmel’s ABC late-night show “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” and Kimmel later responded with a star-studded video declaring a romance with Damon’s best friend, Ben Affleck.
Silverman, 37, has made frequent appearances on the 39-year-old Kimmel’s talk show. The comedian has starred in a feature-film length version of her one-woman show, “Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic,” and fronted her own Comedy Central series, “The Sarah Silverman Program.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day