- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Production designer John Shaffner has been elected to a three-year term as Chair of the Art Directors Council, effective immediately. Shaffner replaces Thomas A. Walsh, who will continue as president of the overall Art Directors Guild.
Shaffner, a production designer on Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and Mike & Molly, has just finished a four year run as Chairman and CEO of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. He was formerly Vice-Chair of the Council, a position now filled by Corey Kaplan.
Jack Fisk was also elected to the Art Directors Council. Fisk was nominated for an Oscar and a BAFTA award for his work as production designer on There Will be Blood. He was production designer on Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life and on Malick’s next film, as yet untitled.
New members recently elected to the other craft councils include Ben Nowicki of the Scenic, Title & Graphic Artists Council and James Hewitt of the Set Designers and Model Makers Council.
The ADG has four craft councils: Art Directors; Scenic, Title & Graphic Artists; Set Designers & Model Makers, and Illustrators & Matte Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day