- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Disney-ABC International Television has wooed Fremantle drama executive Naomi Joseph to be executive director of format development for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the company said Tuesday.
Joseph will be responsible for local production of Disney-ABC International Television’s reality and entertainment formats and the reversioning of its scripted series, working closely with Disney-ABC International Television’s sales team in Europe, Middle East and Africa. She will report to Maria Kyriacou, vp of the company’s portfolio development group,
Joseph joins Disney from FremantleMedia, where she was executive vp worldwide drama and responsible for the development, sale and executive production of dramas including “The IT Crowd,” “Neighbours” and “Betty La Fea” around the world.
“Our formats and reversioning activity is a key part of our portfolio development strategy, and plays an important part in further cementing our content’s connection with local audiences,” Kyriacou said. “It’s fantastic to be bringing into the team Naomi’s wealth of experience working on major format productions.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day