- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MIAMI — With seven nods, Colombia’s Juanes tops the list of nominees for the seventh annual Los Premios MTV awards.
Juanes’ nominations include video of the year (for “Me Enamora”), artist of the year and solo artist of the year. His song “Tres” is also up in the new category for ringtone of the year.
Argentine rockers Babasonicos and Mexican pop trio Belanova scored six nominations each. Cafe Tacuba and the Jonas Brothers earned five, while Kudai, Miranda!, Tokio Hotel and newcomer Ximena Sarinana have four each.
“I’m very surprised and very thankful, because MTV has supported me from the very beginning,” Juanes said by phone from Moscow, where he will perform as part of his “La Vid a … Es Un Ratico” tour.
With the more whimsical video to “Me Enamora,” the singer-songwriter said he was looking to tread new ground. “It’s a fun video, as is the song,” he said.
The Los Premios MTV awards will air live Oct. 16 from the Telmex Auditorium in Guadalajara, Mexico. Winners are voted upon by viewers throughout Latin America.
Among the new categories this year are best tour, best music in a video game, best music film and best fan club.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day