- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A lawsuit looking into the death of Brittany Murphy is dead.
In January, Angelo Bertolotti, Murphy’s father, sued the Los Angeles Country Department of Coroner, disputing the conclusions of an autopsy that found that the actress had died of pneumonia and anemia. Bertolotti wanted biological samples from his daughter’s body tested in an independent lab to determine whether poisons, toxins or heavy metals played a role in the 32-year-old’s untimely death.
But Bertolotti and his attorney failed to follow-up on the initial claims, hardly filing any motions and failing to appear in court. On Thursday, Superior Court Judge Elizabeth White had enough after the latest hearing no-show and terminated the case.
Murphy, who starred in Clueless and 8 Mile, died on Dec. 20, 2009 in Los Angeles.
Her mother Sharon Murphy is pursuing a separate case against lawyers for allegedly not advising her of a possible wrongful death suit against builders of the home where she died. Even though mold in the house wasn’t identified by the coroner as a cause of death, Sharon Murphy charged malpractice as the result of a settlement that allegedly left her unable to sue with that claim.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day