- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ken Creative Studio, the production arm of Bangalore-headquartered Ken Group, is the next studio with offices in the U.S. and India to be positioned for growth.
Jack Olesker, recently named president of the studio, is embarking on a plan to expand the business by developing original animated feature films and television series for distribution in the U.S. and internationally.
Ken Creative’s base in Chennai, India, houses the company’s animation unit, which employs 95 animators. Olesker expects that number to reach 200 by year’s end.
Ken is in production on animated feature “Ninja Knights: When Warrior Worlds Collide,” written, produced and directed by Olesker. The film is seeking a distributor. The studio also is in postproduction on TV pilot “Hip Hop Fables,” which carries a $10 million budget.
Olesker’s long-term plan includes the development of a stable of writers and directors in India.
His credits include TV series “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” and “Care Bears.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day