- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kid Rock is returning to the MTV Video Music Awards for another performance — and this time it doesn’t involve a fist fight with Tommy Lee.
The boisterous rocker is slated to perform “All Summer Long” from his latest album, “Rock ‘N Roll Jesus.” Though it was released nearly a year ago, it has surged on the Billboard 200, where it is No. 4 this week.
Last year, Kid Rock wasn’t a performer, but he was involved in one of the ceremony’s most-talked-about moments when scuffled with Tommy Lee while they were sitting in the audience. Both were at one time married to Pamela Anderson, who was also in attendance.
The fight was not shown on camera but provided fodder for jokes from the likes of Diddy and Jamie Foxx.
Rock is the third act confirmed for the VMAs, set for Sept. 7 in Los Angeles. Other performers are Lil Wayne and the Jonas Brothers, though there is a possibility that Britney Spears, whose bleary kickoff performance at last year’s VMAs became one of 2007’s most-talked-about moments, may join them.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day