- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ROME — Ben Kingsley and helmer Giuseppe Tornatore will be presented with the Ischia Legend Award at the upcoming Ischia Global Film & Music Fest, organizers said Friday, less than a week after announcing that Hilary Swank would receive the same honor.
The fifth edition of the Ischia event will include several other well-known names from the entertainment world, including actress Laura Dern, director Alfonso Cuaron and singers Sheryl Crow and Laura Pausini.
The Legend Award, sponsored by the regional government of Campania, is awarded each year for overall career achievements.
Kinsley is a four-time Oscar nominee who won the best actor prize for his work in “Gandhi” in 1982. This will be his first major award in Italy.
Tornatore, who won an Oscar in 1990 for “Cinema Paradiso,” recently dominated the David di Donatello Awards with his film “La Sconosciuta” (The Unknown Woman). The Sicily-born director also was the toast of the recent Taormina Film Festival, where he was presented with the Taormina Arte Award and honored with a retrospective.
The July 9-15 Ischia Global Film & Music Fest will take place on the island of Ischia, off the coast of Naples.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day