- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — “Hell’s Kitchen” remained ablaze in its season finale, leading Fox to an overwhelming win in Monday’s primetime.
Fox won with comfortable margins in both viewership and the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research. Also helping was “So You Think You Can Dance,” which romped at 8 p.m. against all repeats on its rivals. “Dance” averaged 7.8 million viewers and a 2.9 rating/9 share in adults 18-49, Nielsen said.
“Hell’s Kitchen” did even better an hour later with 9.8 million viewers and a 4.5/12, easily dismissing a repeat CBS “Two and a Half Men” (9.6 million, 3.0/8) as well as a repeat “Heroes” (3.1 million, 1.2/3). Its only original competition in the hour was “Fat March” (4.9 million, 1.8/5).
With Fox out of the way at 10 p.m., CBS won with a repeat “CSI: Miami” (8.3 million, 2.3/7) that bested NBC’s “Dateline” (6 million, 1.9/6) as well as a repeat “Supernanny” (4.3 million, 1.8/5).
Monday averages: Fox (8.8 million, 3.7/11); CBS (7.5 million, 2.3/7); ABC (5.3 million, 2.0/6); NBC (4.3 million, 1.5/4); and the CW (1.7 million, 0.6/2).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day