- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor is coming off the Discovery miniseries Klondike, where he portrayed Jack London, the author of American classics such as The Call of the Wild and White Fang. He’ll next star in the indie Frank & Cindy opposite Oliver Platt and Rene Russo, who play real-life 0X0 bassist Frank Garcia and his wife, Cindy Brown. Simmons is playing the alter ego of director G.J. Echternkamp, Brown’s son.
Last year Simmons starred as Aubrey Plaza’s lovelorn study buddy in The To Do List. His other memorable feature roles include closeted quarterback Brad in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the high-on-H.F.S. Billiam Willingham in 21 Jump Street, Sex Bob-omb groupie Young Neil in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Amanda Seyfried’s boyfriend Chip in Jennifer’s Body. He also co-starred as a grieving brother opposite Pierce Brosnan, Susan Sarandon and Carey Mulligan in The Greatest.
He continues to be managed by Anonymous.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day