- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Knight Rider’s” KITT car is heading to Bristol — sort of.
NBC has teamed up with Ford Motor Co. and Yates Racing, which operates two motorsports teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, on a promotion for the network’s upcoming series.
As part of the partnership, Travis Kvapil will drive the specially painted No. 28 “Knight Rider” Ford for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday.
“The stealth look and feel of the car coupled with Travis Kvapil at the helm has us very excited about this race,” said John Miller, chief marketing officer at NBC Universal Television Group and president of the NBC Agency. “This event exemplifies the adrenaline and action the ‘Knight Rider’ series will deliver.”
Added Kvapil: “It’s every guy’s dream to feel like they are an action hero, and I get to have that chance under the lights of Bristol with our No. 28 ‘Knight Rider’ Ford.”
The race will be broadcast Saturday on ESPN. The series bows Sept. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day