- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN — Maria Kopf, the German producer on Berlinale competition titles “Storm” and “Mammoth,” will team up with hot Danish director Nikaolaj Arcel on his new film “A Royal Affair.”
The period piece, set amid the lives of 18th century Danish royalty, will be co-produced by Kopf’s Zentropa Entertainment Berlin together with Danish producers Meta Foldger and Lars von Trier at the Zentropa mother ship in Copenhagen.
Paul Dano (“Little Miss Sunshine”) has been linked to the project, which will be set up with an international cast along the model of both “Mammoth” and “Storm.”
Arcel’s last project as director was the family fantasy film “The Island of Lost Souls” (2007) and he has continued to churn out screenplays for other directors, including Niels Arden Oplev’s upcoming “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” which Zodiak International is selling at the European Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day