- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
That may seem like a strong statement, but it’s the only conclusion we can reach after reading this quote from LA Police Chief William Bratton, who doesn’t think new laws requiring buffer zones around paparazzi is a good idea:
“If celebrities behave themselves, that solves about 90 percent of the problem,” Bratton said. “Britney, the last couple of days, has started wearing clothes again. The paparazzi are leaving town because she’s not as interesting when she’s not running around without her underwear on.”
Poor Britney and Paris.
Between being spotlighted in negative political advertisements and subjected to US Weekly-like scrutiny from Bratton, it hasn’t been a good week for the new (or old?) brat pack. Bratton says actress Lindsay Lohan “evidently found a new love life, so she’s probably in New York hanging out” and that “God knows” where billionaire heiress Paris Hilton had been. “She’s thankfully disappeared from the scene,” Bratton said.
Ok, ok, we get it. Celebrities are to blame for paparazzi and no new laws are required.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day