- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lauren Glotzer has been promoted to executive vp corporate development at Sony Pictures Entertainment. She will report to David Hendler, senior executive vp and chief financial officer at SPE.
The company said Wednesday that Glotzer will head the corporate development team at the studio, overseeing studio investments and analyses, mergers and acquisitions, new business development and strategic planning. She was senior vp corporate development.
She replaces Jim Underwood, who in March made the move to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, where he is now executive vp worldwide digital and commercial strategy.
“Lauren’s strategic guidance has been invaluable in keeping the studio nimble and innovative, streamlining our operations, expanding our consumer offerings and investing in key businesses,” Hendler said. “Her promotion is well deserved.”
During her time with SPE, Glotzer has worked on such ventures as the studio’s increased stake in GSN and the launch of The Hot Ticket, a theatrical distribution label focused on alternative content.
Prior to joining the studio in 2007, she was associate director of group corporate development at Virgin Media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day