- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leah Remini is throwing her hat into the daytime ring.
The former “King of Queens” star is developing a concept for a daytime show with CBS Television Distribution, sources said. Details are closely guarded, but it’s believed that the parties are not necessarily thinking along the lines of a traditional talk show. The project is being eyed for a fall 2009 launch. CBS declined comment.
Remini is the latest personality to emerge as a contender for syndication next season as distributors ramp up their development slates. For its part, CBS also is working on separate talk show projects with Valerie Bertinelli and Bishop T.D. Jakes (“Woman Thou Art Loosed”).
Also among the projects rumored or confirmed to be in the works for fall 2009 are a syndicated version of Fox’s “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?” at Twentieth TV; “Dr. Oz,” with Harpo Prods., and a talker featuring Marissa Jaret Winokur at Sony; a talker hosted by Food Network personality Paula Deen at Warner Bros.; and a talk show hosted by Marie Osmond at Program Partners.
Remini, repped by WMA and 3 Arts, co-starred on the CBS sitcom “Queens” for nine seasons and recently appeared in the MSN online series “In the Motherhood,” an adaptation of which is being developed at ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day