- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now, Constance has filed her own lawsuit, claiming that she “sacrificed her happiness” to support Leighton’s acting career, E! News reported.
Constance claims that she paid out a total of $230,000 over the years for Leighton to attend private school and acting classes.
She also is alleging breach of contract, claiming she had a deal with her daughter to receive $10,000 a month as a “dependent adult” eligible for parental support due to medical issues.
Constance claims her daughter either made the payments late or not at all; as a result, her home is now in foreclosure and she lost her health insurance.
In her own suit, filed Friday, Leighton denied that any such contract existed and is asking a judge to agree with her. The suit also claims that Constance threatened to file a $3 million lawsuit unless Leighton starts paying her.
The actress also claims she sent her mother $7,500 per month to help with her brother’s medical expenses. But the suit states that Constance used the money for cosmetic procedures including plastic surgery, hair extensions and Botox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day