- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Looks like Leonardo DiCaprio is king of the world, or over the last year, at least the king of Hollywood.
The Inception actor took in an estimated $77 million last year, on the back of that and Shutter Island, according to Forbes magazine’s “Hollywood’s Highest-Earning Actors” list. DiCaprio, who leapt from fifth last year to the top this time around, made his money from upfront fees and a slice of the films’ profits.
DiCaprio displaced last year’s number one actor, Johnny Depp, who earned $50 million in 2010. Depp could be back on top again next year on the back of his reappearance as Jack Sparrow in this year’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Rounding out the top five are Adam Sandler with $40 million; Will Smith with $36 million; and Tom Hanks with $35 million. Ben Stiller, Robert Downey, Jr., Mark Wahlberg, Tim Allen and Tom Cruise completing the top 10.
Forbes based its ranking on box office take from May 2010 to May 2011, with the 15 actors ranked taking a combined $473 million during that period.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day