- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lexus, the luxury brand of Japanese auto giant Toyota Motor Corp., is ending its partnership with The Weinstein Company (TWC) over the slew of sexual harassment and abuse allegations against co-founder Harvey Weinstein.
Weinstein was dismissed from his position as CEO of TWC on Oct. 8 after dozens of women came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against the Hollywood power player.
The automaker was a sponsor of TWC-produced reality show Project Runway and cooperated on the Lexus Short Films project for up-and-coming directors to have their film made by the Weinstein Co.
“Lexus has chosen to terminate its agreements with The Weinstein Company that saw the luxury automaker working with the film studio on certain film and television projects,” Reuters quoted a Lexus representative as saying.
The 16th season of Project Runway, which has already been completed, will be the last to feature Lexus cars.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day