- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Malone’s Liberty Global has appointed Bruce Mann to the newly created role of managing director, programming. He will start in January.
Based in Amsterdam, Mann will oversee all central content and programming, including content investments for the international cable operator.
The executive has held senior roles in the cable TV industry in Australia and the U.S. Most recently, he served as CEO of ThoroughVisioN, a sports and interactive rights-management company specializing in racing in Australia. Prior to that, Mann spent 10 years as CEO of XYZnetworks, a joint venture between Liberty Global and what was then News Corp. that owned, operated and/or distributed 13 TV channels for the Australian market. XYZnetworks specialized in lifestyle, music, general entertainment and kids programming. In the early 1990s, Mann had a brief stint as vp, affiliate sales for E! Entertainment Television, and previously he was director, sales & marketing at Time Warner Cable.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day