- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lifetime has ordered a drama pilot about a supermarket manager who unexpectedly becomes the governor of New Jersey.
The pilot, “The Amazing Mrs. Novak,” is based on a six-part U.K. series called “The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard,” about a woman who stumbles into becoming Prime Minister.
Vanessa Taylor (co-creator of WB’s “Jack & Bobby”) will adapt the series and serve as showrunner. Taylor has also been a writer on “Everwood,” “Alias” and “Gideon’s Crossing.”
The project is produced by Kudos Film and Television, a Shine Group Company, through Warner Horizon. Shine’s Carolyn Bernstein will executive produce, along with Jane Featherstone, Stephen Garrett and Taylor.
The pilot is one of a few picked up by the network, including another U.K. adaptation, “Mistresses,” from Fox 21, about a quartet of thirtysomething women who have been friends since college. Another is “Drop Dead Diva” from Sony, about a vapid model whose mind is put in the body of a brilliant but frumpy lawyer.
Taylor is repped by UTA, Management 360 and attorney Cliff Gilbert-Lurie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day