- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — His new Cash Money/Universal album “Tha Carter III” is only a week old, but rapper Lil Wayne is already in talks about a collaborative project with T-Pain.
The two artists have already worked together on Lil Wayne’s single “Got Money,” which is No. 45 this week on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
“They’ve been speaking on it,” Cash Money head Ron “Slim” Williams said of the album, which has no release date just yet. “I wanted to get past “Tha Carter III.” Now we can sit down and get to the business of different collaborations. I just want to make sure that we have a good record.”
Several years ago, Lil Wayne and rapper Juelz Santana announced plans for a collaborative album, but it never materialized. However, Santana is featured on “Tha Carter III” track “You Ain’t Got Nuthin on Me,” alongside rapper Fabolous.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day