- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Continuing its quest for content, Lionsgate has entered into an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television to distribute a selection of primetime series and library titles to the home entertainment market.
Season 1 sets of “According to Jim” and “Reaper” are first on the release agenda, coming to DVD on Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, respectively.
The deal is the second TV-DVD distribution agreement Lionsgate has cut in the past month, on the heels of a first-look partnership with Comcast Entertainment Group for output rights to programs on E! Entertainment Television, Style Network and G4.
The Disney-ABC Domestic Television deal includes “Hope & Faith,” “8 Simple Rules” and “Boy Meets World,” among others.
“We continue to look for key brands to expand and grow our business,” Lionsgate Home Entertainment GM and executive vp Ron Schwartz said. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America