- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Continuing its aggressive quest for content, Lionsgate has entered into an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television to distribute to the home entertainment market a selection of primetime series and library titles.
Season 1 sets of the sitcom “According to Jim” and “Reaper” are first on the release agenda, coming to DVD on Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, respectively.
The deal is the second TV DVD distribution agreement Lionsgate has cut in the past month, coming on the heels of a first-look partnership with Comcast Entertainment Group that gives Lionsgate distribution rights to programs on E! Entertainment Television, The Style Network and G4.
In addition to “According to Jim” and “Reaper,” the Disney-ABC Domestic Television deal also includes popular sitcoms and dramas “Hope & Faith,” “8 Simple Rules,” “Boy Meets World,” “October Road,” “Kevin Hill,” “My Wife & Kids” and “Six Degrees,” among others.
“As evidenced by our recent activity, we continue to look for key brands to expand and grow our TV DVD business,” Ron Schwartz, general manager and executive vp, Lionsgate Home Entertainment, said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day