- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
And please make sure to remember, at the moment some Studio mouthpiece calls me a mooch, and says I’m only pursuing this legal retribution to get into their ‘deep pockets,’ tell’m Ellison snarled back, ‘F- – – -in’-A damn skippy!’ I’m no hypocrite. It ain’t about the ‘principle,’ friend, its about the MONEY! Pay Me! Am I doing this for other writers, for Mom (still dead), and apple pie? Hell no! I’m doing it for the 35-year-long disrespect and the money!
A legend of sci-fi, or as they call it on trademark-hungry television these days, Syfy, Ellison is no stranger to picking legal fights. He’s sued websites for copying his work and sued comic books for defamation. Our favorite Ellison moment, applicable to the current controversy, is this rant included in the documentary, “Dreams with Sharp Teeth,” where Ellison describes the pain associated with the way Hollywood pays writers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day