- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV Networks’ Logo, which targets gay and lesbian viewers, said Thursday that it has greenlighted three new reality shows, including a competition dating series titled “Transamerican Love Story” that stars transgender activist, artist, actress and author Calpernia Addams and is hosted by comedian-actor Alec Mapa.
It premieres in February and is executive produced by Randy Barbato, Fenton Bailey and Tom Campbell of World of Wonder Prods. and Joe Del Hierro of Oh Really! Prods.
The other two new series are: “Gimme Sugar,” exec produced by Scott A. Stone of Stone & Co. and Michaline Babich & Michelle Agnew, which follows five women on the search for love in L.A., and the tentatively titled “Rockdogs,” which chronicles San Francisco’s star gay basketball team on and off the court.
“Rockdogs” is exec produced by Eddie October PRods. and William Kendall. “Sugar” and “Rockdogs” premiere in the summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day