- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — Erik Lomis has been named executive vp international theatrical and home entertainment, MGM Studios.
Lomis, who has been associated with MGM in various capacities in its incarnations during the past decade, most recently has been a consultant. Now formally joining MGM, he will oversee the marketing and distribution of its international theatrical and home entertainment releases, which are handled by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. In his new role, Lomis will be the primary executive working with the Fox Home Entertainment as well as the theatrical team at 20th Century Fox International. His appointment was announced Wednesday by MGM COO Rick Sands, to whom Lomis will report.
“I am pleased to have Erik formally join our team,” Sands said. “His expertise in film distribution will be invaluable as we continue to expand MGM’s theatrical and home entertainment footprint around the globe.”
Lomis worked with MGM on the international release of “Rocky Balboa” through his consulting firm Movie Concepts, which advised on the domestic and foreign marketing and distribution of feature films. From 2000-05, Lomis was MGM president of domestic distribution. Before that, Lomis served as a general sales manager for MGM, beginning in 1993.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day