- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BEIJING — Adding the silver screen to mounds of gold, the southern China gambling hub of Macau will launch its first international film festival in December with a jury chaired by popular Chinese actor Ge You, local media reported Tuesday.
The inaugural Macau International Film Festival will run Dec. 26-Jan 2, China’s state-run Xinhua News Agency said.
The MIFF jury will award prizes for best feature film, screenplay, director, actor, actress and newcomer. The deadline for submissions is Nov. 15.
Last year, Macau was host to industry trade show CineAsia, put on by Hollywood Reporter parent, the Nielsen Company. CineAsia 2009 will be held in nearby Hong Kong from Dec. 8-10.
Ge, one of China’s most popular actors, was last seen in “If You Are the One,” directed by Feng Xiaogang and produced by Beijing-based Huayi Bros. Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day