- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will launch its 28th annual “Contemporary Documentaries” screening series with Oscar winner “Man on Wire” and “In a Dream” on Sept. 30 at the Linwood Dunn Theater in Hollywood.
Directed by James Marsh, “Man on Wire” is a portrait of high-wire artist Philippe Petit. Directed by Jeremiah Zagar, “In a Dream” chronicles the work of muralist Isaiah Zagar.
Part one of this two-part series runs through December.
Titles on tap are:
Oct. 7: “The Garden” and “Crips and Bloods: Made in America”
Oct. 21: “Encounters at the End of the World” and “Flow”
Nov. 4: “David McCullough: Painting with Words” and “Glass: A Portrait of Philip in Twelve Parts”
Nov. 11: “Blessed is the Match: The Life and Death of Hannah Senesh” and “Pray the Devil Back to Hell”
Dec. 9: “Wild Ocean” and “Hurricane on the Bayou” (at the IMAX Theater, California Science Center, Exposition Park)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day