- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — Jerry Seinfeld’s “The Marriage Ref” is now polygamous on the world sales circuit with Endemol announcing further sales of the show to Australia’s Seven Network on Thursday.
Leading Oz broadcaster Seven has engaged in the comedy series with a local version set for primetime produced by Southern Star Entertainment and has also bought the NBC original version from Endemol Worldwide Distribution.
The deal comes after Endemol said Wednesday that Abu Dhabi Media has bought the format and original series for the Middle East. “I seem to do things, try to do them well, then never do them again. That seems to be my pattern,” Seinfeld said earlier in the week during a press conference in Cannes, but so far “Ref” has the makings of a domestic and global hit.
Co-produced by Ellen Rakieten, Endemol Worldwide Distribution handling world sales for the NBC series, while Endemol continues to search for perfect matches for local versions internationally.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day