- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Mary-Louise Parker has broken off her engagement to fellow “Weeds” actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Parker, who plays an upscale suburban marijuana dealer on the Showtime comedy, ended the relationship with her actor fiance, according to a person close to the former couple. The person, who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the relationship, said the couple had differing lifestyles, but that Parker holds Morgan in the highest regard and hopes they remain friends.
Morgan, best known for his recurring role as Denny on “Grey’s Anatomy” and the deceased husband of Parker’s character on “Weeds,” began dating Parker in 2006. The pair briefly split last June but later reconciled. Parker and Morgan announced their engagement this year.
Representatives for Parker said they do not comment publicly on the personal lives of clients. A representative for Morgan said she had no comment.
In 2003, a tabloid frenzy ignited when actor Billy Crudup left Parker while she was seven months pregnant with their son, then began dating Claire Danes. Parker and Crudup had been together since 1996.
Parker has previously been romantically linked to Counting Crows lead singer Adam Duritz and actor Timothy Hutton.
The fourth season of “Weeds” premieres June 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day