- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Seven-time Emmy winner Mary Tyler Moore has joined the cast of NBC’s “Lipstick Jungle” for a multi-episode guest role.
Moore will play Joyce, a retired high-powered executive and mother of Brooke Shields’ studio-head character Wendy. Having trail-blazed for working women, Joyce will challenge Wendy’s idealistic notion of “having it all.”
“I’m fortunate to have had a front row seat to the evolution of working women on television,” said Moore. “It’s been great fun to watch the strong female characters of ‘Lipstick Jungle’ go at it week after week. I absolutely adore Brooke and I’m delighted to be a part of a show which is so well written.”
Moore will debut in the show’s Sept. 24 second season premiere. She has appeared in numerous television and film roles, and is best known as for starring in “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” which earned 29 Emmys during its seven-year run during the 1970s.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day