- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ghen Maynard is leaving CBS again.
Two years into his second tour of duty at the network, Maynard has stepped down as executive vp alternative programming and entertainment content for new media at CBS Paramount Network TV Entertainment Group, where he oversaw reality programming for CBS, the CW and CBS Par Network.
He is segueing into a producing deal that gives CBS and CW a first look at his development.
CBS is said to have been looking to make changes to its alternative department after a string of marginally performing series. The timing of the shift was picked to coincide with the beginning of the new development cycle.
Maynard will start his producing deal while helping CBS and the CW’s alternative departments with the transition until his successor is named.
“Ghen has talked with us about a desire to produce, and both of us thought the time was right to make a change in the alternative area, so this is an agreement that works for everyone,” said Nancy Tellem, president of CBS Par Network TV Entertainment Group.
His departure comes on the heels of another lackluster summer during which the network’s new reality entries have failed to connect with viewers. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America