- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — John Mellencamp, Faith Hill and Kelly Clarkson will perform Sept. 6 in Indianapolis as part of “NFL Opening Kickoff 2007,” to be broadcast on NBC. Mellencamp will sing at the RCA Dome, while Hill and Clarkson will play a free show Monument Park. Hinder also will perform at a site to be announced.
All the activity will lead into the first NFL game of the season between the defending champion Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints at the RCA Dome. The pregame show will also be available via Sprint for Power Vision pack subscribers.
In the past several years, the NFL has made flashy music events a central part of its season openers. Bon Jovi anchored a 2002 event in Times Square, followed by an Aerosmith and Britney Spears-led show at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., in 2003.
Previous performers have included Mary J. Blige, Destiny’s Child and Elton John (2004), Green Day, Santana and Kanye West (2005) and Rascal Flatts and Diddy (2006).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day