- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s almost becoming a legal ritual that each summer, a tentpole film prompts a lawsuit from an injured extra. The latest claim comes from a New York woman who says she suffered a wardrobe malfunction on the set of Men in Black 3.
Danika Gerner filed the lawsuit last week in New York Supreme Court against Columbia Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and many of the individuals who worked in the costume department for MIB3.
Gerner alleges that the costume department provided her with a costume in a “defective and dangerous condition” and that the defendants were “negligent in failing to take suitable precautions” for her safety.
As a result, she says she suffered “serious bodily injuries” during the filming that took place May 9-14, 2011, in New York City.
In the complaint, Gerner doesn’t detail the precise nature of the wardrobe malfunction nor specify the injuries she allegedly suffered but says she is still injured and has been unable to attend to her usual vocation. (There’s some circumstantial evidence online that suggests that Gerner is a model and personal trainer by trade.)
Columbia Pictures had no comment.
The lawsuit is the latest in a string of claims by individuals who claim they were injured during the production of big-budget films.
Last week, an extra on the set of Transformers 3 received a $18.5 million settlement after being critically injured in a stunt gone bad. The deal followed the resolution of another case in which a stuntman sued over an injury suffered during the making of The Hangover Part II.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day