- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — North Carolina indie Merge Records will celebrate its 20th anniversary with the release of Score!, a subscription-only boxed set. The series will feature 14 custom-curated discs comprising material from the Merge catalog, along with original artwork.
The first two discs will be curated by Peter Buck of R.E.M. and “Junebug” director Phil Morrison. Curators for future volumes will include Amy Poehler, David Byrne, author Jonathan Lethem, artist Marcel Dzama and Momofuku chef David Chang.
Quantities of the discs will be limited to the number of people who preorder the series between the Sept. 8 start date and the January delivery of the first two volumes. Proceeds from Score! will benefit charities chosen by the individual curators.
Merge is planning additional 20th anniversary and Score!-related events, with details to be announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day