- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Metallica will begin an extensive fall/winter arena tour Oct. 21 in Glendale, Ariz., in support of its new album, “Death Magnetic.” The Sword will open all dates, with Lamb of God, Down and Machine Head joining the bill on separate legs.
Members of Metallica’s Met Club and Mission: Metallica Platinum organizations will get first dibs on tickets, with on-sale dates to be announced. For the full itinerary, visit Metallica.com.
As previously reported, “Death Magnetic” is due Sept. 12. First single “The Day That Never Comes” will hit radio before the end of August.
In other Metallica news, the group will host its own show, “Mandatory Metallica,” on XM Sirius beginning Aug. 16. The program, which will run through Sept. 30, will feature nonstop Metallica music plus interviews conducted by band members with members of Linkin Park, Slipknot, Disturbed, Guns N’ Roses and Mastodon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day