- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The exec, who was senior vp business affairs, will now head the department with Avy Eschenasy, executive vp strategic planning, business affairs and acquisitions. Both will be based in the company’s Universal City offices and report to Focus CEO James Schamus.
Meyers started at the company as senior vp business affairs when it formed in 2002, following a stint in the same role at Focus’ previous incarnation as a Universal Pictures specialty arm, USA Films. He earlier was a business affairs exec at MGM and United Artists and was a legal affairs exec at Warner Bros.
During his five years at Focus, Meyers has arranged financing and talent deals for the Oscar-winning “Brokeback Mountain” and “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” along with the upcoming features “Reservation Road” and “Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.”
Meyers is a 1991 graduate of Harvard Law School.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day