- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MHz Networks has picked up the second, stand-alone season of the Norwegian crime drama Mammon — Nothing Is Just Politics for North America.
Mammon is fresh off its success at this year’s International Emmy Awards, where it won the top honor of best drama series.
The series follows events at Norway’s largest newspaper, which is thrown into turmoil after one of its top journalists is brutally murdered. What follows is a deadly power play between media, national politics and big money interests.
The eight-episode hourlong drama, produced by NRK Drama, stars Jon Oigarden, Terje Stromdahl and Ingjerd Egeberg.
Beta Film, which is handling international sales for the show, previously closed deals for Mammon with Walter Presents in the U.K., Sony Entertainment Channel in Germany, NBC in France and HBO Europe, among others.
MHz Networks will premiere Mammon on its service in North America in 2018. The Northern Virginia-based independent, noncommercial educational broadcaster serves the Washington, D.C., market with 12 digital broadcast channels.