- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Take cover, McCain. You too, Obama. Michael Moore is coming out with a new book.
The tome, titled “Mike’s Election Guide,” a manual of mockery for the 2008 presidential election, will be published Aug. 19 by Grand Central Publishing, Jimmy Franco, a spokesman for the publisher, said Friday.
Promotional material for the book reads, “Perfectly timed to coincide with the national political conventions — and to capitalize on massive campaign coverage.”
When Moore won the Academy Award for best documentary for 2002’s “Bowling for Columbine,” he famously lashed out at President Bush in his acceptance speech. Ahead of the 2004 election, the director released “Fahrenheit 9/11,” his top-grossing film, damning the Iraq War.
Moore’s previous book — 2003’s “Dude, Where’s My Country?” — sold more than 1 million copies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day