- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — Gallic audiovisual powerhouse Millimages has snapped up a 70.8% share of top animation VOD company Zooloo Kids, Millimages said Monday.
The group, which already had a small share in Zooloo Kids, now owns 88.9% of the company. The move is part of Millimages’ strategy to develop digital technology on new platforms such as the Internet, ADSL and mobile phones.
Millimages is the animation arm of the Millimages Group, which also encompasses Gallic feature film producer and distributor Bac Films and Gedeon Programs for documentary production.
The group’s catalog features over 350 hours of animation content, 700 hours of documentary footage and more than 300 feature films.
Zooloo Kids currently boasts a catalog of close to 900 hours of cartoons that are available via a number of Gallic TV and computer operators including Orange, Free, Aol, Virginmega, Neuf Telecom and CanalPlay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day