- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
SWaN & Legend Venture Partners and Sugar23 have taken a minority stake in animation company Mindshow.
Mindshow is a 3D animation studio that is banking on proprietary, cutting-edge technology to produce animation at the speed of live action.
The investment is meant to help the company expand, increase its content pipeline in the animation space and bring projects to market much more quickly. The deal will also give Mindshow access to top talent via Sugar23, headed by Michael Sugar, the manager and Oscar-winning producer behind Spotlight.
Mindshow CEO Gil Baron, who runs the company alongside head of studio Sharon Bordas, stated, “From the moment Sharon and I sat down with Michael, Sugar23 and the team at SWaN & Legend, we knew they saw the future in the same weird and wonderful way we do.”
“We can’t wait to hit the ground running to bring some exciting new ideas to life with this truly groundbreaking technology and this collaborative, wicked smart team,” stated Fred Schaufeld, the SWaN & Legend co-founder who is also an owner of the Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals and Washington Wizards.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day