- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Munich-based Beta Film has signed a multiyear production deal with Spain’s Movistar+, the two companies announced at the MIPTV conference in Cannes.
The deal will see Moviestar+ and Beta co-produce a series of productions that Beta will sell worldwide. Beta and Moviestar+, a subsidiary of telco giant Telefonica, have previously cooperated on numerous Spanish-language series, including The Pier and La Zona.
The Pier, a romantic thriller co-written by Money Heist creator Alex Pina and Esther Martínez Lobato, has sold to some 70 territories, most recently including Italy’s RAI, ORF in Austria and Australian network SBS.
La Zona has closed deals with the likes of ZDFneo in Germany, Amazon Prime in Italy, Canal Plus in France and VRT in Belgium. The series sold to Starz in the U.S.
Upcoming Moveistar+ series, which Beta will be selling worldwide at this year’s MIPTV, include Leticia Dolera’s “women’s midlife lib” drama Perfect Life, the Barcelona-set romantic spy drama What the Future Holds and the farcical comedy Spanish Shame
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day