- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
GAUMONT GRABS ‘MARY & MAX’
Gaumont has snapped up rights for France, Benelux and Switzerland to Adam Elliot’s clay animation feature “Mary & Max” from Icon Entertainment International. The movie, featuring the voices of Toni Collette and Philip Seymour Hoffman, unspools in the Generation 14plus sidebar of the Berlin International Film Festival.
‘SONG’ FOR DAVIES
Terence Davies is teaming with Liverpool-based producers Roy Boulter and Solon Papadopoulos of Hurricane Films to bring the director’s long- gestating “Sunset Song” to the big screen. Davies, nominated for a BAFTA film award for “Of Time and the City,” will direct from his own script based on Lewis Grassic Gibbon’s novel.
UBACH HOME ON ‘RANGO’
Alanna Ubach has joined the voice cast of Paramount’s animated “Rango,” also starring Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Alfred Molina and Abigail Breslin. Ubach plays Fresca the fox in the Gore Verbinski film, due in theaters in March 2011.
PATON AT FORTISSIMO
Chris Paton has joined film and TV sales company Fortissimo Films as senior vp acquisitions and development. He will be based in London.
FEST IN ‘LYME’ LIGHT
The 14th annual Gen Art Film Festival, held at the Visual Art Theater in New York, will kick off April 1 with director Derick Martini’s “Lymelife.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day