- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gemstar, MeeVee guided by pact
Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., publisher of TV Guide magazine, said Tuesday that it signed a multiyear license deal with TV-themed Web site operator MeeVee Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, MeeVee will be able to use interactive program guides on its site and syndicate them for use by online partners. MeeVee’s Web site combines traditional TV listings with online video and TV-related news and gossip. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Sordello joining LinkedIn as CFO
Steve Sordello, who said last week that he will step down as CFO of TiVo Inc., is the new CFO at LinkedIn, which runs a popular business networking Web site. Sordello joined TiVo in August after serving as CFO at online search provider Ask Jeeves Inc., which is now a unit of Barry Diller’s IAC. LinkedIn, which has $30 million in backing from venture capital firms, is reportedly gearing up for an initial public offering.
Goldman, EdgeStone bid for MPD
Goldman Sachs & Co. and Canadian venture capital partner EdgeStone Capital Partners unveiled a formal bid Tuesday to acquire a controlling 51% stake in Canadian independent movie distributor Motion Picture Distribution Lp. from broadcaster Alliance Atlantis Communications. The firms also said that they will buy the remaining 49% stake in MPD from publicly traded Movie Distribution Income Fund.
Tien sold to RTL Netherlands
RTL Netherlands has acquired TV channel Tien, formerly known as Talpa, from Dutch media tycoon John de Mol, a spokesman confirmed Tuesday. De Mol’s company Talpa Media will become a 26.3% shareholder.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day